Any indoor gardening enthusiast knows a grow tent humidifier is essential in maintaining the proper humidity level of your precious vegetation to thrive in grow room conditions.
If you want to cultivate exotic plants inside the house, you will need an efficient way to moisturize the air and provide the most breeding environment possible.
While there are plenty of things you can do to boost the humidity in your grow room, nothing beats the good old humidifier for grow tent. It is affordable, requires minimum effort on your part, and ensures consistently good results.
Read on to learn how to choose the perfect grow tent humidifier.
Choosing the Best Grow Room Humidifier
Getting an electric humidifier does not sound like too much of a challenge in 2021. However, the truth is that you can still get it wrong and end up wasting your money if you do not follow these few simple recommendations:
1. Know your room size
The area of your grow tent is a crucial factor to consider when shopping for a humidifier. There is no point investing in a commercial-scale unit if you only need to cover a room of under 100 sq. ft.
However, for larger areas, you may want to spend a little extra to buy a more powerful product with a bigger water tank or the one that connects directly to the water supply.
2. Choose the type based on your noise level preferences
Humidifiers can be evaporative, ultrasonic, and impeller. Each type comes with its benefits and downsides:
- Ultrasonic models feature a vibrating nebulizer that expels fine water mist into the air. They tend to be the quietest type of humidifier due to the lack of noise-producing fans.
- Evaporative devices utilize a fan to draw in air that passes through a moist wick filter at the bottom and facilitates natural water evaporation.
While efficient, these units can be very noisy and bulky.
- Impeller humidifiers use a rotating disc to break the water into tiny drips and mist it into the air. They are less noisy than the evaporative units yet lack the discreteness of the ultrasonic devices.
3. Consider the ease of maintenance
Humidifiers are exposed to mold and bacteria, which means they need regular maintenance. Opt for a unit with a simple design that allows for convenient cleaning.
In large models, portability can also be an issue, so make sure yours has wheels and is easy to move around.
Time to Get Your Own Grow Tent Humidifier
Even if you are new to growing indoor plants, a well-chosen humidifier will help you quickly achieve excellent results with minimal inputs. By following the above recommendations, you are sure to find a unit that meets all your gardening needs.
What grow tent setup do you have? Which features are essential in a humidifier? Use the comments section below to share your ideas on how best to moisturize your grow room and which grow tent humidifier works for you.