If you’re planning to get an inflatable hot tub for your garden, then we have the buyer’s guide you need to the best inflatable hot tub on the market for your budget.
Our reviews not only include useful information on different jet types, hot tub sizes and seats, you’ll also get insights into the considerable benefits of this fun backyard feature.
Top 5 Best Inflatable Hot Tub Reviews in 2020
Benefits of Hot Tubs
Hot tubs offer some great benefits, including:
- Healthier skin – The warm water and massage action increase blood flow to your skin, helping to renew it, remove toxins and give it a healthy glow.
- Reduces muscle pain – Warmth and massage are effective, science-based treatments for muscular and soft-tissue pain, helping you recover faster while you relax and unwind in your yard.
- Lessens migraines and headaches – Relaxation is key to treating migraines, tension and cluster headaches, helping your body to relax and removing tension from your neck and back muscles.
It’s much more fun than taking medication too!
- Improves sleep – A good, relaxing dose of warmth and massage before you retire to bed is the perfect recipe for a good night’s rest, not only helping you to fall asleep faster but also helping you to get better quality rest.
Top 5 Best Inflatable Tub Reviews 2020
Best Spa Inflatable Hot Tub
Coleman Lay Z Spa Inflatable Hot Tub is equipped with a digital control panel, wherein it will automatically start or stop the timer controlled heating system.
All you have to do is to set the tub’s temperature that you want and start activating the Lay-Z Massage for you to comfortably and relaxingly experience a spa-like treatment.
Puncture Resistant Material
The Coleman hot tub has a superior strength and knows as durable since the exterior is puncture resistant.
It is made out of TriTech 3 ply material, which features a polyester core mesh encased and two layers of PVC to ensure disability and strength.
The Coleman Lay Z Spa Inflatable Hot Tub has a wall that is made out of I-Bean construction. This means that you will be able to sit on all of the sides without buckling or bending.
It also features an air pad separate cushioned floor, which comfortably sits underneath the tub. Another good thing about this is that it also helps in minimizing and insulating the loss of heat.
Setting up the Coleman Inflatable Hot Tub
- Can hold up to 50 gallons of water
- Can easily be plugged since it has 120V
- Equipped with LED lights
- Heavy duty
- Can easily be set up
- Can hold 4 people on average
- Produces loud noise
- Issues with the pump
Portable Bubble Massage Spa
Intex 77-Inches PureSpa Portable Bubble Massage Spa Set will let you pamper yourself at the comfort of your backyard. The heated water will be surrounded by bubble jets which will soothe your body.
It is also equipped with a control panel that can easily be used help activate the high powered jets for a massage that is refreshing.
The Intex hot tub can accommodate 4 people and has a 210 gallons water capacity.
The temperature ranges from 68 to 104 degrees Fahrenheit for a maximum relaxation.
Intex has a built-in treatment system, which means that it will make the water gentle on the skin for a more relaxing experience. You can also adjust the temperature to fit the personal preference that you have.
The Intex 77-Inches PureSpa Portable Bubble Massage Spa Set is consists of 2 filter cartridges that can be replaced easily for a more simple maintenance task.
To ensure that heat loss is kept to a minimum, there is a lock and cover, which can also be for safety purposes.
Now, if you want to transport it or just store it, you can easily do that using its carry bag.
- Hard water treatment system to make it gentler on your skin
- Can be maintained easily
- Has a 3-way test strip
- 2 filter cartridges
- Can accommodate 4 people
- Poorly made
- Air leak problems
- Controls are not durable
for 4-Person Portable Inflatable Hot Tub
Coleman Saluspa 4-Person Portable Inflatable Outdoor Spa Hot Tub’s exterior is made out of fabric that is specifically coated to ensure that it will withstand the elements outdoor. It is colored in green, which is Coleman’s signature color of hot tubs.
The floor is equipped with a cushion to ensure that your feet will feel comfortable. It also has several jet lines for the bubbles to help your body be massaged after a long day outside.
The Coleman Saluspa 4-Person Portable Inflatable Outdoor Spa Hot Tub also has an aluminum coating, which will ensure that your water will still be warm while it’s waiting for you to soak in.
Coleman Saluspa Rapid Heating System
The good thing about using the Coleman Saluspa is that it has a rapid system for heating since people don’t like it when they are waiting. This means that you will surely get your hot water in no time.
Another good thing about this is that you can change the setting for the massage to suit your needs.
- Soothing bubble jets
- Outer walls are made out of fabric coated materials
- 2 handles for easy lift
- 2 easy to replace filter cartridges
- Problem with the heater after 6 months
- Issues upon delivery of the item
Inflatable Hot Tub
SaluSpa Miami AirJet Inflatable Hot Tub can easily be set up outdoors or indoors in just a matter of minutes. It can accommodate 4 adults comfortably, which means that you and your friends can experience an affordable and a soothing spa experience at your backyard.
It has a Rapid Heating System, which means that your water can get heat up safely and quickly. It has a Digital Control Panel feature to help you control the temperature that you are comfortable in.
120 Bubble Jets for Your Relaxation
You can also use the control panel to help activate the 120 bubble jets to provide you with the massage that you need.
The SaluSpa Miami AirJet Inflatable Hot Tub is made out to TriTech material, to ensure its durability and stability. It is also puncture resistant, so you don’t have to worry about anything.
All you have to do is to sit in the tub and let the bubbles massage your aches away after a long day at work.
- Provides a professional spa experience
- Affordable hot tub
- Can easily be set up and be filled
- No seats
- Set up instructions are not clear
- Not durable enough
SaluSpa Palm Springs AirJet Inflatable 6-Person Hot Tub can comfortably accommodate a maximum of 6 persons.
It is known to be durable and has a floor that is cushioned to ensure that you can soak in the tub very comfortably.
Since it has a bubble jet massage, it will make sure that your body will get the massage that it needs after a long day at work.
Once you get a hold of this hot tub, all you have to do is to set it up, plug it, and turn it on so you can enjoy it instantly.
Fits 6 People
The SaluSpa Palm Springs AirJet Inflatable 6-Person Hot Tub can heat the water at 104 degrees Fahrenheit at a certain speed of 3 degrees Fahrenheit per hour.
It has a cover that is insulated, which will help in speeding up the process of heating the water.
It can also contribute to maintaining the temperature of the hot tub as well. The tub will also let you use bromine or chlorine to ensure that the water will stay clean and fresh.
Lastly, it has a time controlled system for you to shut it off at the right time.
- Can accommodate 6 persons
- Durable and sturdy construction
- Affordable hot tub for its size
- Air bubble jets for a soothing and relaxing massage
- Cannot run bubble jets and heater at the same time
- No adjustable hydro jets
- Customer service can be a problem
Are the Inflatable Hot Tubs Any Good?
Yes! But it all depends on the quality of the product you are buying. Look at our reviews to see how the best inflatable hot tubs perform, and remember to look for an option that has the pump power, jets and features you want.
Also, check the hot tub to see the minimum temperature it can operate in if you want to use it in winter.
Budgeting for Your Hot Tub
When it comes to getting the right hot tub for your yard, you want to start with creating a budget. There’s a wide range of hot tubs on the market.
From basic inexpensive units that vary in quality to high-end tubs filled with all the latest features, so there is something for everyone.
Types of Hot Tub
There are two main types of hot tub, each with their different advantages and disadvantages.
- Portable hot tubs – These are inflatable hot tubs and can usually accommodate 2-8 people. They can be made from latex or vinyl, but you do also find options in fiberglass, polyethylene or durable plastic.
Inflatable or portable hot tubs are the more affordable option, with the benefit of being able to take your hot tub with if you move to a new house, move it around your yard whenever you like, and even store it over the months when you aren’t using it.
- In-ground hot tubs – Also known as custom hot tubs or spas, these are permanent constructions in your yard.
They can be attached to in-ground pools for a hot-and-cold therapeutic experience, or installed as free-standing units on your deck or in your yard.
They’re generally made to your specifications for 2 or more adults and constructed out of concrete, fiberglass or gunite, and you can also find more exotic options in stainless steel, copper or tile.
If you live in a location with cold winters, you should learn how to winterize your in-ground hot tub to prevent it from getting damaged.
What are the Benefits of Blow Up Jacuzzis?
Inflatable hot tubs, also called blow up jacuzzies, are a great option for any backyard. Here’s why:
- They are much more affordable than in-ground versions.
- They are very easy to install and set up as no construction is needed.
- They’re comfortable to sit in thanks to their supportive structure.
- They are easy to maintain and store when not in use.
- They come with great additional features like different jet varieties, entertainment stations, built in cup holder and more.
Can Inflatable Hot Tubs Be Used in Winter?
If you have a good quality, well-insulated inflatable hot tub, it can be used throughout the year – even in winter.
Before you buy a hot tub, check the rating on the label, as this will tell you the minimum outdoor temperature the hot tub can operate in and retain a comfortable heat.
Hot Tub Features
Hot tubs can have a wide range of features that make the experience more unique and enjoyable, although they do have an impact on the overall cost, so be sure to include must-have features in your budget.
For many people, the jets are what make a hot tub a hot tub, helping to massage away the stress and worry of the day.
There are several different jet types you’ll see in inflatable hot tubs.
- Rotational jets – These jets move in a circular motion, using a combination of water and air to provide a massaging experience.
- Moving jets – You can also get jets that move in an up-and-down motion, directing the jet of water and air in a line up and down your back.
- Directional jets – Jets can be set to point in any direction to provide a constant flow. These are the most common jets seen in hot tubs.
How Do Air jets Work?
Hot tub air jets work using a pump that pushes water at a high pressure through pumping lines and out through the jet. Water is taken into the pump, heated and pumped out by the jet, keeping the water filtered and warm.
A small hole in the intake controlled by an air controller allows a stream of air to be added to the water as it is pumped through the system, creating bubbles from the jet.
How Many Jets Does a Hot Tub Need?
When you’re shopping for the best inflatable hot tub, you’re going to see hot tubs with few jets, hot tubs with what seems like hundreds of jets, and everything in between.
So, what’s the right number? Here’s what to look for:
- Pump to jet ratio – This will determine how powerful the pressure will be out of the jets. A hot tub with a lot of jets but only one or two pumps will result in a fairly low pressure stream from the jets, while a hot tub with several pumps will be able to push more pressure through the jets.
- Running costs – More pumps does mean more electricity and more noise while the hot tub is running, so you want to aim for a hot tub that get the pressure right but isn’t too expensive to run or too noisy, since that takes a lot of pleasure out of the experience!
- Jet variety – The best inflatable hot tubs offer a variety of jets in order to deliver the best massage experience, so look for options that have directional, rotational and moving jets rather than simply focusing on the tub with the most jets.
The best hot tub experience is a really personal choice that depends on the kind of spa experience you want. A wet test at a showroom – a bit like test-driving your tub – is a great way to see the hot tub in action, test the pressure and experience how the different jets feel.
If you can’t manage a wet test, think about the kind of hot tubs you enjoyed on vacation, at different hotels or during spa treatments.
Inflatable Hot Tub Temperature Control
The most important word in the phrase “hot tub” is “hot”, but what temperature is best for your inflatable hot tub?
According to the US Consumer Product Safety Commission, it’s recommended that you set your hot tub to 100-104 degrees Fahrenheit for maximum comfort, avoiding burns and getting all the benefits of that relaxing heat and massage.
Relaxing in a hot tub is all about comfort, so look for comfort features to find the best inflatable hot tubs. Because they’re inflated, these hot tubs are very comfortable, offering supportive but flexible seating and headrests.
You should be able to sit comfortably and slightly sink into the seating without falling off-balance or sinking. For most people, the seating in the best inflatable hot tubs is ideal due to the comfort and support they offer, which is much better than the hard, resistant seating in in-ground hot tubs.
While some inflatable hot tubs are pretty basic, others go all-out in terms of fun features! These include:
- Party lighting – Put a glow on your water with colored LED lighting in any shade of the rainbow.
- Accessories – Some ranges offer accessories like drinks holders, steps, entertainment stations, waterproof docking stations and even decorative surrounds.
Inflatable Hot Tub Installation
Installing an in-ground hot tub can be a big, messy and expensive job – but you don’t have any of those issues with an inflatable hot tub! Here’s a step-by-step guide:
- Choose a location – Decide where you want your inflatable spa. It should be flat, even ground and sized to fit your inflatable spa.
Remember to leave 3 feet of space around the hot tub for the pump unit. You will need to have an electrical connection nearby that is strong enough to power the pump as well as a water supply.
- Prepare the area – Remove all stones, rocks or sharp objects that can puncture the hot tub. If the unit comes with a ground mat, lay that down with the pipes facing downwards.
Place the deflated hot tub on top and spread it out with the air valves facing towards the location of the pump.
- Set up your pump – The pumps usually come preassembled for easy installation. Set it in the correct position and attach it to your power supply.
- Inflate your hot tub and lid – Connect the inflation tube to the pump’s air outlet and run it as per the installation instructions to inflate the hot tub.
Once your hot tub is fully inflated, stop the air flow, detach the air hose and close the hot tub air valve tightly. Repeat to inflate the lid.
- Connect your pump – Following the manufacturer instructions, connect your pump to the hot tub at the correct valves, as well as connecting the pump’s intake valve to the water supply.
Make sure the filter is clean and in place.
- Fill your hot tub – Rinse out your hot tub and make sure your hot tub is clean of any sand, leaves or debris before you start filling it.
Fill it to above the minimum recommended height and just below the maximum recommended height with your hose.
- Heat the water – Following manufacturer instructions, activate the water filtering system and the water heater. Keep the lid on during this process to make it faster.
- Make the water hygienic - Use recommended chemicals in your inflatable spa to kill bacteria and algae as well as achieve the right pH balance in your hot tub, and repeat according to manufacturer recommendations.
This will keep your hot tub water clean, fresh-smelling and safe to use.
What Can I Put Under My Inflatable Hot Tub?
Many inflatable hot tubs come with an insulated ground pad to put under the structure. If not, you can buy one separately or use insulated foam sheeting.
How to Clean an Inflatable Hot Tub?
Once you drain your hot tub, clean it with a gentle spa chemical detergent suited for inflatable hot tubs and a microfiber cloth.
On a daily basis, you should remove any debris, add spa chemicals as instructed by your manufacturer, shower before using your hot tub and keep the hot tub covered while not in use.
How Often Should You Clean an Inflatable Hot Tub?
In addition to adding spa chemicals as needed, you should drain and clean your hot tub every month or two depending on how often it is used and if the water is looking dirty or smelling.
How to Treat Water in an Inflatable Hot Tub
Because of the warmth of the water, it is easy for algae and bacteria to grow. Only use recommended spa chemicals to treat the water in your inflatable hot tub, or you may damage the lining.
Fully drain and clean the hot tub every 1-2 months if the water is dirty or smelling, and wipe the surface with a spa cleaner and microfiber cloth.
Our Best Inflatable Hot Tub Pick for 2020
These are all the best hot tubs to choose from but of course, there will always be one winner in every review, and for this, the winner is Coleman Lay Z Spa Inflatable Hot Tub.
The reason behind this is because it can accommodate 6 people and the walls will surely last for an extended period, for you and your family to be able to enjoy the hot tub longer.
Now You Have All The Information You Need to Buy the Best Inflatable Hot Tub!
After reading our reviews, tips and advice, you’re ready to go out and get the best inflatable hot tub for your backyard!
Remember to look for a variety of high-quality jets, a good pump to jet ratio, and fun features to make your hot tub your favorite thing about your backyard this summer.
So, what are you waiting for? Get out there and buy the best inflatable hot tub today!