Does your Worx chainsaw’s chain keep coming back? You’ve got your Worx chainsaw today, and in just a few tensions, the chain came off? Don’t worry! Read this post, and you will definitely get the best solution to your problem. Why? Because even I owned a Worx WG 303 model and experienced the same problem quite a few days back.
But now I’ve found the best solution to it. I love my Worx chainsaw as it is pretty easy to use and comfortable, and this is what that made me hooked to it. So, if you have met with this trouble and you need to fix it, then I’ve got a solution for you! And believe me, your Worx Chainsaw will work better than before!
When I first identified the problem, then I analyzed that there could be two solutions to it. Either I can replace the chain or can sharpen it. So, in my tutorial, I will explain both the methods that I adopted.
Replacing the Worx Chainsaw Chain
Replacing Worx chainsaw is convenient and not too long. If you have a similar model that I have, then you would find the job even much simpler. It is because this offers a tool-free replacement of the chain. But yes, there are few steps that you need to follow.
- First, you need to turn the lock on the chain so that it gets loose.
- Now, if your chain is already loosened, you just remove it gently by your hand.
- Take out the new chain that you wish to use and follow the same process of placing the chain and then turning the lock, but in the opposite direction.
- Once you are done with it, now pull the chain above the bar.
- It is essential that the chain fits well to the sprocket and the bar, as otherwise it will again get loosened after few tensions.
- You can try fixing the chain over the bar with a gloved hand so that it is completely tensed.
- Lastly, close the chain lock, and alas! It is done!
Sharpening the Chain
Now if you wish to sharpen the chain, then definitely you need a set of tools specially designed for this purpose. There are exclusive diamond-abrasive tools available, such as the EZE-LAP diamond wheel, or 4A2P diamond wheel. So, you may select any of these based on your preferences or your Worx chainsaw model and sharpen the chain effortlessly.
Replacing, sharpening, and fixing the chain is very much convenient. You only have to ensure that it is fully tensed. Other than this, here I list you some additional tips that will make you a pro in this field.
- Always wrap your thumb around the handle while replacing the chain.
- It is better to use protective equipment so that you do not hurt yourself.
- Maintaining your chainsaw properly is highly important.
- Although, both replacing and substituting the chain is hassle-free, still if you need any assistance, then you must ask for it.
- While you are working on the chainsaw, make sure you use gloved hands so that you stay away from all dust and grime.
- Maintain adequate chain tension. A loose chain increases the risks of kickback. Even a loose chain may jump out of the guide bar, which may result in damage to the chain and even injury to the operator.
- You can also use an automatic chain tensioning knob kit to double check the tension.
Now you see putting the chain back on Worx chainsaw is so much easy. So, jot your comments right below if you really like the post. And, do share it so that more and more people can fix this problem and enjoy working with their Worx chainsaw!