When it comes to lawn care, you have two choices; either opt for a professional service or do it yourself. While some people would rather pay for the service, others choose the DIY route in an effort to save money. Therein lies the question, which one is better in keeping your lawn lush and vibrant?
There may be a couple of reasons why you think DIY lawn care is the way to go, but there are a lot of things to consider before making that leap. In this article, we’ll be tackling the pros and cons of both lawn care service and DIY lawn care to help you make an informed decision.
Why do your own lawn care
Most homeowners prefer to do lawn care by themselves and for good reason. You have full control over the look of your lawn and the best part is, it’s free. If you’ve been contemplating on DIY lawn care, consider weighing these pros and cons first.
Pros of DIY lawn care:
● Saves money – With DIY lawn care, you don’t have to pay for a professional to maintain your lawn. It’s very economical and you’re the one in charge of lawn care in general. This can be both a good or bad thing depending on your lawn care experience. If you don’t know how proper lawn care works, then it may cost you more in the long run due to errors and mistakes.
● Good exercise – Doing some lawn work out in the yard is certainly a good way to get exercise in. It keeps you active and is one of the reasons why many people go do DIY lawn care.
● Pride of work – Some homeowners take pride in doing their own lawn work and it can feel both rewarding and satisfying. There’s nothing quite like doing your own lawn care and seeing how amazing your lawn looks. If you’re the type of person who enjoys caring for your lawn, then going DIY is certainly the best way to keep your lawn nice and healthy.
Cons of DIY lawn care:
● Lackluster results – Inexperienced homeowners may find it difficult to make their lawn look just right. There’s more to lawn care than just mowing. You have to edge, fertilise, and blow grass clippings to achieve that well-manicured look. This requires access to both commercial-grade equipment and skilled expertise which are things both inexperienced homeowners don’t have.
● Costly errors – If you don’t know how to properly care for your lawn, then you may be doing more harm than good. For example, if you cut the height of the grass incorrectly, then it may negatively impact your lawn’s health and longevity.
● Time-consuming – Let’s face it, lawn care is tedious work. It takes hours to complete and if you’re not passionate about keeping your lawn in great shape, then you may not be able to maintain your lawn regularly.
Why opt for a professional lawn care service
For some homeowners, a professional lawn care service is a no-brainer. It’s convenient, it’s stress-free, and it takes the guesswork out of the equation like mowingperth.com.au. But before you opt for a professional lawn care service, you should weigh out the pros and cons first.
Pros of professional lawn care service:
● Outstanding results – By hiring a lawn care service, you can expect outstanding results and perhaps even guarantee the work. Professionals know the ins-and-outs of proper lawn care maintenance and they certainly know how to beautify your front yard.
● Convenience – Not everyone likes the idea of doing lawn care. If you’re the type who doesn’t like getting involved with lawn maintenance, then hiring a lawn care service can prove convenient for you and your family.
● Address problems immediately – Professional lawn care companies employ trained technicians who know exactly how to identify lawn problems. Lawn diseases like brown patches and pythium can quickly ruin your lawn’s appeal. With professional lawn care service, these issues are solved immediately so your lawn looks as best as it can be.
Cons of professional lawn care service:
● Poor results – It’s not a 100% guarantee that your lawn will look amazing after a professional lawn care service, especially if you choose a run-of-the-mill lawn care company. Don’t be tempted on cheap lawn care services or else it will come to bite you back terribly.
● Cost – The downside to a professional lawn care service is that it can be quite costly. While prices can vary depending on the company, most lawn care companies charge at around $40/hr. Sure the upfront cost may be expensive, but you can actually save money in the long run by preventing lawn problems and ensuring the health of your lawn.
So, which one is better?
Ultimately, the answer to this question depends on how you want your lawn care to be tackled. Do you want to do it on your own? Or do you want to outsource it to a trusted professional lawn care company? Either way, you should think closely about the pros and cons of each method first before you come up with a decision.
For people who take pride in their work and love performing routine lawn maintenance, then going DIY is the best route. But if you want to achieve that well-manicured look that’s the envy of the neighbours, then opting for a professional lawn care service should be your main choice.
I'm Ann Katelyn, Creator and Chief Author of Sumo Gardener. Since I was a child I've always been fascinated with plants and gardens, and as an adult this has developed into my most loved hobby. I have dedicated most of my life to gardening and started Sumo Gardener as a way to express my knowledge about gardening with the hope of helping other people's gardens thrive.
Why Is It Important to Mow Your Lawn Regularly
How To Choose The Right Lawn Mower For Your Yard
6 Things to Consider Before Setting up a Sprinkler System for Your Garden
Reasons Why Your House May Need a Repipe
Tips for Choosing Water Tanks for Your Property
Tips to Get Rid of Garden Pests