“A passionate look, touch or a hug on a plant is enough to open your inner eyes than going for a serious yoga and other therapies”.
Does preparing flood and drain
Only because you are green at growing greenery this way?
Yes, it might be a hard nut to crack if you lack proper guidance and instructions. Coming as close to nature, as to grow your own flood and drain hydroponics needs all that questions in your mind pre-solved.
By following the tips in this article, you can build a unique, green garden through ebb and flow drain system, adding your own creativity in various ways, like; you can avail any space available to you in any amount after your heart, you can also pick up any design for planting which appeals you most, and you can pick up anything to plant which you love.
It needs appropriate care, but it does not ask you to burn
- Bear in mind, that nutrients supply is needed on periodic basis, rather than continuous basis to have classically unique flood and drain hydroponics
- Begin with a small project, and extend it gradually on the basis of your understanding with the process and confidence level.
- Avoid methods using considerable energy amount to go on properly if you can’t handle it appropriately, otherwise you can fall a victim to electric shock.
- Don’t be afraid if you cannot afford a lot, you can begin even with what is in your pocket today.
Things You Need to Follow the Procedure
- External Pump
- Reservoir ( bucket, fish tank, etc)
- Planting Trays
- Plastic Pots
- Flood and drain planting nutrients
- Scissors and sharp knives or other alternative sharp objects
- Box cutter
- Planting Medium (such as Rockwool)
- Black paint spray ( if you’ve got a transparent reservoir)
- Air Stones (only for method 1)
- Pipes and drains
- Even surfaces for appropriate planting
Method 1 (Water Culture)
Follow the steps given below for this technique:
1. Arrange a reservoir at first; a fish tank or a bucket will serve the purpose best. You can also go with a transparent bin.
2. Paint the fish tank or bucket if it is transparent using the paint spray, leave it to dry.
3. Confirm its length and width using an inch tape.
4. Cut holes in StyroFoam
5. Connect pump to impart oxygen to the plants, you can get the right size of the pump by telling the type of your project to the seller.
6. Link the pump and the reservoir through the
7. Supply the nutrients to the reservoir.
8. Fix the StyroFoam in it with great skill.
9. Put the air line into the bottom deep enough to supply oxygen to plants roots.
10. Put the planting medium into the pots and grow only one thing in one pot.
11. Place all the pots firmly into the holes cut in the StyroFoam. It will look like as given below:
12. Turn the pump on and begin planting with your DIY flood and drain hydroponics.
Method 2 : Multi Flow
- Put 6 pots on even surface.
- Link them with PVC system (if you take automatic
multi flowreservoir, it will turn on/off according to the water level automatically).
- Place all the plants in little planting trays.
- Take good care of the system to confirm if it is working properly or not.
Method 3: Ebb and Flow Solution.
- Put your planting tray over the reservoir with a backup solid enough to keep it even and leveled.
- Install ebb and flow system in your tray.
- Make the connection of pump timer.
- Fix the plants in the pots and the pots in the tray, take care of your hydroponics like your do for your kids.
The Simplest and Safest Method of All
The second method (
The automatic turning off and on means that the water level in the tank will always be checked automatically; hence this method is also the safest one.
Hope you have enjoyed the tutorial to your backbone and have learned the easiest, safest and simplest methods to grow plants through flood and drain hydroponics in the article.
All three methods are advisable and
Picking up any of them will need approximately the same items mentioned in the list (Things you need). If you concentrate on collecting all the items given in the list beforehand, you can brilliantly meet the best result in the project. So, it is
The article has 3 super useful techniques to prepare flood and drain hydroponics, kindly share your ideas and responses about the article in the comment section below. Share it if you find it helpful!